Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday Spending

It’s that time of the year again when money comes and goes really fast. My husband and I received our Christmas bonuses last November. He spent most of his as deposit for the new apartment we just moved into. So, he decreed and I agreed (I don't know why I did!) that I be the one spending for most of our Christmas expenses… ouch! Just the thought is making my head spin…

My basic expenses during Christmas are gifts for others and gifts for myself. Gifts for myself are those things that I really really want and rightfully deserve after a year of hard work… such as those beautiful comfy shoes from Clarks, a laptop, a WOW magic sing mic to hone my singing talent (which I admit to not having), or those cute accent furniture pieces from Umbro.

What I'm dying to have is a new sofa set for our new apartment.

My husband wants a laptop.

I think I could squeeze a sofa set within my Christmas budget. I saw a sweet cheap one at SM the other day that could work with our living room space. Maybe not a laptop... but there are a lot of shops that offer 0% installments. Since we do need a good computer at home... maybe we can settle for a desktop or even a reasonably priced laptop.

Everything really does look swell for this Christmas... until my husband announced that we need to go to Davao City, his hometown, before the year ends! Oh dear! I’m not sure how I’m going to budget a trip and all the Christmas shopping we need to do!

I guess we won’t be having a new sofa or a computer. Oh well, we just have to spend within our means!

After all the help and support we got from our families during our wedding last august, Christmas would be the best time for me and my hubby to show how much we appreciate and love them. I’d rather splurge for them than for anyone else. I want to give them something they really want and make them happy! Those doesn’t have to be expensive… right?

No comments: